What happens when….
- A group of campers reluctantly go on a work retreat in Colorado’s national park?
- The group has a strange encounter with something seemingly out of this world?
- The secret service becomes involved?
- A full investigation is put together consisting of a team of military and civilian personnel?
- The future of the planet could be at stake?
Jonah is a science fiction fan and aspiring writer who together with his work colleagues is on a team-building work camp in the Colorado national park miles away from the mod cons of life. Life for Jonah and his work mates will never be the same again when they have a strange intergalactic encounter in the wilderness. It will prove to be the start of a journey to expose an alien mystery while dealing with issues and matters of a more personal nature.
Among those accompanying Jonah on this perilous journey are;
- Trina, an assistant to a meteoriticist and who Jonah gets on well with.
- Meteoriticist, Dr. Lena Bhatt who investigates unusual creatures from around the world.
- Sergeant Derek Rivers, sceptic with a marriage that’s falling apart.
- A disgraced ex-soldier Ezra who seeks the assistance of Sergeant Derek Rivers.
“Expropriation: The Encounter” would definitely appeal to young adult readers with its contemporary style, interesting, flawed and memorable characters along with a good mix of imaginative sci-fi, mystery and suspense. The story could readily be adapted into an engaging TV or streaming service series.
“Expropriation: The Encounter” is definitely worth a read.